What do a British video game firm, a space shooter, and a yak all have in common? Evidently a lot, based on the recent release of the game Big Sky by the developer Boss Baddie. They’ve taken to describing their new game as “Jeff Minter on E”. Jeff Minter is a software developer, known for his fondness of hairy animals and psychedelic-looking video games. By equating their game to Mr. Minter in an altered state, it seems they’re trying to say it goes way beyond what we’ve seen before in this style. I’ve yet to take a look, but it sounds like something fun to try. Currently available only for PC
Big Sky is a red-blooded space shooter. A giant alien invasion threatens the planet! Take control of a spaceship as they head deep into the approaching storm… Face off against 11 enemies, 2 giant bosses, upgrade your ship and smash through meteor showers and planets!
* Face off against 11 aliens!
* Battle 2 monstrous bosses!
* Drill through planets and meteors!
* Forecast feature – additional online multipliers for scores, coins and more for really big scores
* Power up your ship
* Never-ending, procedurally generated level
* Full 720p, DirectX powered visuals
* 10 achievements
* Online highscores
* Full Xbox 360 controller support